Saturday, April 30, 2011

See you on the edge of the road!

Tomorrow I depart! And I could not be more excited, and yes, slightly nervous! My bike is all tuned up and ready to go. My gear is neatly packed into my panniers. My body is rested and fit. However I know there are many unseen challenges ahead of me. These I just have to face one at a time and all will be well. I look forward to seeing new places and meeting new friends!

Fog over Sleeping Giant State Park

I want to thank everyone of you that has graciously donated money as well as those that have sent encouraging emails, some with offers of accommodation. Your help and suggestions will make my trip go much more smoothly. The ChipIn donation widget to the right will remain active throughout my trip in case you feel so inclined to buy me an ice cream cone along the way :)

I rode many miles up and down the Farmington Canal Rail Trail

While on the road I hope to post one to two entries per week on this blog. In addition, I will also be posting pictures and thoughts about my travels via TrackMyTour and Twitter. My updates from both of these services are visible in the right column on this page. The TrackMyTour widget will draw a map of my progress and each pin-point may contain pictures and comments that I posted, so be sure to click on them. The Twitter feed will also contain my short comments and perhaps links to pictures, websites, etc. If you are a Twitter user, feel free to follow me: my Twitter handle is @ethanonabicycle.

My bike sitting atop West Rock Ridge State Park

By the way, I've added some color to this post with pictures I took while out riding around Connecticut this April.

Looking over the Thimble Islands in Long Island Sound

See you on the edge of the road!

Cherry blossoms on Hughes Pl. near Wooster Square in New Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment